¹1 (21) 2014
Demography and social economy, 2014, 1(21):192-202
Ph.D., Administraive Director Shevchenko Scientific Society, USA
THE EFFECTS OF THE «FOURTH WAVE» OF IMMIGRANTS FROM UKRAINE ON THE UKRAINIAN DIASPORA IN THE UNITED SATETES
Section: Migration processes and trends.
Abstract: The «Fourth Wave» represents the most important development in the history of the Ukrainian Diaspora, which has affected profoundly all aspects of its life and became the subject of different studies. Detailed information from the US Census and the American Community Survey, as well as specialized local surveys, allow one to analyze in detail the impact of the Fourth Wave on the Ukrainian diaspora in the United States. We plan to analyze the same aspects of this Fourth Wave.
Key words: Ukrainian Diaspora, «Fourth Wave», Census USA, American Community Survey (ACS), first or second ancestry, immigration, immigrants, population, language.
1. Wolowyna, Î., 2012. Perepys naselennia [Population Census] v Entsyklopediia ukrains’koi diiaspory [in Encyclopedia of the Ukrainian Diaspora], Tom 1, Spolucheni Shtaty Ameryky, Knyha 2, Naukove Tovarystvo im. Shevchenka v Amerytsi [United States of America, book 2, New Yok, NTSh-A] [in Ukrainian].
2. Wolowyna, Î., 2008. Changing Dynamics of the New Wave of Immigrants from Ukraine, The Ukrainian Weekly. Vol. 36 [in English].
3. Wolowyna, Î., Lopukh, V., 2010. Ukrainians in the New York Metropolitan Area: Dynamics and Fourth
Wave Settlements. The Ukrainian Weekly, Vol. 36-38 [in English].
4. Lopukh, V., 2006 Chetverta khvila imigracii do SSHA: prichiny i motivacii [The fourth wave of migration to USA: reasons and motivation] Demographiya ta socialna ekonomika [Demography and social economy] Vol. 2 [in Ukrainian].
5. Wolowyna, Î., 2009. Geographical Dispersion of Ukrainians in the U.S.: 1990-2006. The Ukrainian Weekly, Vol. 43 [in English].
6. Wolowyna, Î., 2009. Community Profile: Ukrainians in North Carolina. The Ukrainian Weekly, Vol. 45 [in English].